A balanced diet and sufficient exercise are key for a healthy lifestyle. Read further for nutrition tips which, in conjunction with the Friend Oatwell® products, will help you positively influence your cholesterol levels.
The start to your day
Start your day with a balanced breakfast! Oatwell® products are a perfect breakfast solution or mid-morning snack. Muesli and flakes can ideally be combined with fruit and a milk/yoghurt portion. A powdered supplement can be added to your favourite yoghurt, cereal or breakfast drink.
- Enjoy a variety of foods
- Be active
- Drink lots of safe, clean water
- Make starchy foods the basis of most meals
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day
- Eat dry beans, peas, lentils and soya regularly
- Chicken, fish, meat, milk or eggs can be eaten daily
- Eat fats sparingly
- Use salt sparingly
- Use food and drinks containing sugar sparingly and not between meals
- If you drink alcohol, drink sensibly
In addition to other risk factors, being overweight is one of the main causes of high cholesterol levels. Try to reduce excessive weight slowly and sensibly. You will achieve this goal through physical exercise and a balanced diet.